Southern Railway Coach 664
"Fort Oglethorpe"

[Southern Railway Coach 664]

This car, the sister car to the "Fort McPherson", was built by Budd in 1947 for the Central of Georgia Railway and ran daily between Atlanta and Columbus, Georgia. The car became Southern property when it merged with the Central of Georgia on June 18, 1963. The "Fort Oglethorpe" was donated to the museum in 1990 and returned to service in 1993, when it ran for several years on special mainline excursions on Norfolk Southern and at the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum in Chattanooga.


SARM | Rolling Stock | Secret City Scenic | Schedule | Tickets | Future SARM Museum Building


This page last revised: January 19, 2002

For questions or comments about SARM, please contact the SARM President at b.jennings@mchsi.com or 865-241-2140
For questions or comments about this site, please contact the SARM Webmaster at sarah@techscribes.com
Authored by TechScribes, Inc.