The Southern Appalachia Railway Museum is currently using a retired Department of Energy Guard House as our boarding station. This wooden structure is the last such guard house remaining at the K-25 facility. Museum volunteers performed cosmetic restoration, moved the structure, and turned it into a ticket station in 1999. We named this station "Wheat" in honor of the community that existed near this point before the land was purchased by the Department of Energy in the 1940's.
This page last revised: January 26, 2003For questions or comments about SARM, please call 865-241-2140